The author is Cara Alwil. before reading the book I was folowing her on her Instagram. She is such a cool chick, even has pink hair! seriously – no one can beat that!
Cara is the creator of the Champagne diet (blog), in her blog Cara discusses Business, fashion, lifestyle, body(love) and many other topics.
She is also the author of many best-sellers such as style your mind, stripped, fearless and fabulous, the champagne diet, sparkle, and many more, all available on amazon
Today I wanted to talk about ‘Girl code‘. It is a very easy ready and on the top 10 list of must-read book for female enterpreuners (any women in business really).
I own the book in both a physical copy as well as in audiobook in my phone – needless to say i enjoyed the book
The way Cara writes makes it very easy to understand, the book includes interviews of women you actually wnat to hear about.
Cara talks about things like Collaboration Vs. Competition and Turning Envy Into Inspiration are universal and suitable for men as well. This book will not teach you how to be a billionaire (too bad i knoooooooooow). But it will teach you how to build confidence in yourself, reconnect with your “why,” elininate jealousy, and ultimately learn the power of connection. Because at the end of the day, that’s what life and business is all about.
After reading lean-in the is another very good one about women empowering one another – If you have a lean-in group in your company, suggest the book. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
All of Cara’s ideas are supported by her life experiences she also been a life coach, no wonder she inspires us so much in her book!
A few quotes from the book:
- You know a woman is strong, beautiful, and secure by the way she empowers and inspires others
- When you’re scared of something, whatever it is, you have to go at it head on. You create your own destiny
- You must envision your world through the eyes of positivity and possibility. The moment you do that, you open up a world of endless abundance
- Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life. Because you become what you believe. – Oprah Winfrey
- they don’t serve champagne at pity parties (my favorite i’d say)
if you haven’t read the book yet, i am sure you want to now, I am already sharing my copy with my (girl)friends